We all love a good loaf of bread — but in addition to this, bread can be a way to make the world a better place. In the June 2013 issue of Bread Magazine, we explore different ways to be a conscious baker and make a difference.
In This Issue
- An introduction to shaping bread.
- How to make your bread making more sustainable for the environment.
- An interview with Tara Jensen, an artist and passionate baker who runs Smoke Signals Baking, a small bakery in North Carolina.
- Kneading Conference gathers bakers, millers, farmers, and oven builders for a weekend of learning and connection.
- How International Community Bakeries helps the poorest of poor build small bakeries.
- The One Mile Bakery has one strict principle: it will never deliver bread further than one mile from the bakery.