The first issue of Bread Magazine is an ode to bread and an introduction to the craft of baking your own. Baking bread is a great joy — and easy to get started with. Check out this free issue and see what it’s all about.
In This Issue
- How a young boy who loved to buy bread grew up to become a home baker and create this magazine devoted to great bread.
- Chris Young, coordinator of the Real Bread Campaign tells us why bread matters.
- An interview with Phil Agnew, passionate home baker and bread blogger from Australia.
- A simple (but complete) bread recipe to get you started with making bread yourself.
- In a small bakery in his backyard on Whidbey Island, Larry Lowary keeps baking bread—even though he retired once already.
- Richard Bertinet talks about baking, ancient techniques, and turning a passion for bread into a career.
- How I baked every recipe in Richard Bertinet’s book, Dough, and what I learned in the process.
- A simple idea with a lot of power to improve your baking.
You can browse the magazine right on this page using the Issuu widget below (click on the magazine to enlarge it), or download the magazine as a PDF by clicking on the “Download for Free” button on the right.