The fourth issue of Bread Magazine is all about ovens: how to make the most of your oven, how to build one without a plan, and how ovens bring us closer to each other.
In This Issue
- Four ovens used by four home bakers to bake real bread.
- Community ovens are coming back — with the help of inspired groups of people around the world.
- In the oven, dough transforms into bread. But how does this happen? An exploration of the science of heat.
- A look at The Loaf (in a Box), a pop-up bakery project designed for learning and sharing bread inspiration.
- Tweaks and ideas that will help you get the most out of your home oven.
- Interview with Tom Baker, a baker who runs a bakery and cookery school devoted to promoting real food and healthy living.
- A Christmas bread recipe.
- What happens when four brothers decide to build an oven without a plan?
Building an Oven Without a Plan
One of the articles in the magazine is the story of how our editor and his three grown-up brothers got all playful and built an oven without planning it first.
Here’s a video they made about the experiment:
You can browse the magazine right on this page using the Issuu widget below (click on the magazine to enlarge it), or download the magazine as a PDF by clicking on the “Download for Free” button on the right.