This issue combines many of our favorite things: presenting bakers from around the world (Australia, Germany, Indonesia), starting and running small bakeries, making a living doing what you love — and bread making experiments.
In this issue
- An interview with Phil Agnew, a passionate home baker turned professional — but still an amateur at heart.
- An exploration of the autolyse technique: its past, its present, and its usages in bread making.
- What happens at the bakery when we are not looking?
- One formula, six different flours. An experiment to find out what difference flour makes.
- An introduction to bread in Germany.
- Lutz Geißler’s 100% Rye Bread recipe.
- A look into baker’s percentage in complex formulas.
- Nurhasanah Johari shares her experiences in running a subscription based micro bakery, Woodlands Sourdough, in her home in Singapore.
- Some outdoor bread making experiments to celebrate summer.
Note: The PDF downloads are coming up, please check back a bit later.