Growing grain to make bread. In this issue, we look into grain, farming, and what they mean to us as bakers in homes and artisanal bakeries.
In this issue
- James MacGuire: Honoring the legacy of the French bread-making traditions
- Capitaine Levain: Advocating for sourdough baking and heritage-grain farming
- Richard Roberts: Saving and restoring rare and ancient seeds to make bread
- Annika Michelson: Why we need landrace cereal
- Nikolay Apanasov: A Russian baker’s quest for organic grain
- Brian Lance: Reviving a baking heritage at the Asheville Bread Festival
- Barbara E. Caracciolo: Digging into sourdough culture with Ian Lowe
Note: The PDF downloads are coming up, please check back a bit later.