The third issue of Bread Magazine explores the magical processes of fermentation: how those tiny cells of yeast and bacteria make a dough come to life — and how you can make the most of them in your baking.
In this issue
- A look at what happens in a dough’s life cycle before it goes into the oven.
- An interview with Ying Shi, a talented home baker and a great example of how far deliberate practice will take you.
- How you can use preferments to give more flavor and better structure to your bread — it’s not hard at all.
- Step by step instructions for creating your own sourdough starter and then using it to bake great bread.
- How the opinionated but friendly French baker Sebastien Boudet is building a sourdough revolution in the Nordic country of Sweden.
- Troubleshooting a dough that is not rising or doesn’t produce the bread you had in mind.
- Ideas for what to do with all the sourdough starter you can’t use for bread making.
- An interview with Mike Zakowski, bread making world championship silver medalist and exceptional baker from the slow city of Sonoma Valley, California.
Download for free
bread_edition3.pdf (7.3 MB)