This issue looks at the bread revolution or renaissance taking place around the world: how bakers, millers, and farmers are coming together to bring wheat back to its rightful place; using sprouted flour to bring more health to your baking; building great bakeries… And much more.
In this issue
- An interview with JD McLelland, the director of the upcoming film, The Grain Divide.
- How Anna Häggblom became “The Running Baker” in order to keep her freezer from exploding.
- Anna’s Julmust Bread recipe
- A look into Peter Reinhart’s new book, Bread Revolution, and its ideas on using sprouted flour for bread making.
- Rob Segovia-Welsh from Chicken Bridge Bakery shares his tips for using stencils to create stunning and personal bread designs.
- An interview with a baking couple from Costa Rica who together form Passiflory, a small, inspiring artisan bakery.
- An exploration of the Kamut wheat variety.
- Raluca Micu’s experiences baking for her first Christmas fair.
- Ideas for New Year’s resolutions for bakers to adopt for 2015.
Download for free
bread_edition14.pdf (20.1 MB)