We meet a cast of brave, obsessed even, bakers not afraid to follow their dreams. We also bake bread.
In this issue
- Honest Bread from Holma: A story of ancient grains, natural fermentation, fellowship, and baking bread together — in the beautiful Swedish countryside.
- Making Bread with Children: Making bread with children is messy, demanding, chaotic. And fun. Emmanuel Hadjiandreou, the author of Making Bread Together, shares his tips for making the most of it.
- Five Questions about Bread: Our editor’s eight-year-old son, Oiva, interviews Emmanuel Hadjiandreou, asking him tough questions about bread, baking, and writing books about bread.
- A Bread Obsession: Clare Jackson’s (from The Bread Kiln) baker profile is the story of a baker finding her obsession: bread.
- A Good Sandwich Bread: A home baker trying to please his family goes looking for the secrets of making a good sandwich bread.
- A Life of Bread: A young baker from Bulgaria, Presian Petrov, lives and breathes bread — and is determined to bring great bread to his home country.
- Baguettes for Beginners: Let’s face it: we all want to make baguettes. But where to start if you are new to the best-known French bread of our times? Right here!
- Making a Dream Come True: Raluca Micu’s new bakery, October 26, is now four months old so we decided to chat with her and find out how everything is going so far.
Download for free
bread_edition16.pdf (23.9 MB)